This recipe originally appeared on A Food Lover’s Kitchen.
This quick and easy Instant Pot Iced Tea blends fresh blackberries with black tea for a delicious summer treat that you won’t be able to resist making. It takes just 10 minutes (plus time to chill).
The Instant Pot has so many uses beyond just making a quick dinner. It’s fantastic for making a quick fruit tea that you can chill and drink over ice.
Using organic black tea bags, this recipe combines seasonal fresh blackberries with local honey and it jazzes up your typical iced tea.
I make a lot of iced tea at home. Usually I’m just making black iced tea, but it gets a little boring. I love adding fresh fruit to the tea. It’s so much better than brewing flavored iced tea bags, which never really tastes like actual fruit.
If you like this recipe, you’ll definitely want to try our Peach Iced Tea recipe too. This Instant Pot tea can be used with any fruit. Try it with raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries.
If you’re lucky enough to have blackberry bushes nearby, you can do some picking and use fresh berries in this recipe. You might also want to freeze some to use even after the season is over.
This recipe also uses a blackberry simple syrup that can be used not only to sweeten and flavor this iced tea, but can also be used in cocktails, like this Blackberry Dark & Stormy, which is one of my favorite cocktails.
Why Use An Instant Pot?
The Instant Pot drastically cuts down the cooking time for cuts of meat that usually have to cook slowly for a long time in order to become tender. And there are many accessories you can use with it to cook in lots of different styles. It’s one of the most useful kitchen appliances you can buy.
The Instant Pot is an incredible tool in the kitchen for making dishes that usually take a long time. If you don’t have one yet, check out our guide on which one to buy. You can also read up on how to use it, in case you’re not sure if it’s for you.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Instant Pot Blackberry Iced Tea
- Instant Pot
- 8 cups water divided
- 5 black tea bags paper tags removed
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Extra blackberries and basil sprigs for garnish
- Add half the water, tea bags, and blackberries to Instant Pot and stir to combine. Lock the lid and set the vent to sealing. Select the pressure cook button and set the time to 5 minutes.
- When cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes, then do a quick release. Remove the lid and discard the tea bags..
- Add the basil, honey, and lemon juice and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea over a fine mesh strainer into a heat-resistant pitcher. Add remaining 4 cups of cold water. Cool completely.
- Serve over ice with fresh blackberries and a sprig of fresh basil for garnish.