This recipe originally appeared on A Food Lover’s Kitchen.
You can make a batch of this Instant Pot Peach Iced Tea in just 15 minutes and it won’t heat up your kitchen like it does on the stovetop or have to sit outside for hours in the sun.
In the heat of summer, a glass of chilled Peach Iced Tea is the perfect beverage to cool you down. I make a pitcher of this tea at least once a week, so it’s always in the refrigerator when I want some.
There are many tea companies making peach flavored iced tea these days, but none of them compares to this fresh-made version that uses actual fruit. The flavor is unmatchable when you use real fruit. If you’ve got a surpluss of blackberries, you should also try this Instant Pot Blackberry Iced Tea.
Why Use An Instant Pot?
The Instant Pot is one of the most useful kitchen appliances you can buy, because it drastically cuts down on the cooking time for developing flavors in soups and stews, getting tough cuts of meat tender, and even baking a cheesecake. And there are many accessories that will help you get more out of your Instant Pot.
What Tea to Use
I prefer to use high-quality black loose leaf tea for this recipe. I like the Republic of Tea’s black Darjeeling tea, because it has the best flavor and it’s organic. However, there are many options.
You can use plain old Lipton black tea bags, just remember to remove the yellow tag from the bags. I’ve used other brands of tea bags, like PG Tips, but they impart a filmy substance in the tea that’s not particularly pleasant.
Should I Skin the Peaches?
Another decision you’ll need to make is whether or not to skin the peaches. I personally prefer to skin the peaches, but this is a personal preference. There is no visible difference in the tea if you skin the peaches or not.
If you buy organic peaches, there’s really no need to skin them. I do it because the peaches are often quite fuzzy and I want to make sure the tea is as pure as it can be.
Try adding extra additions to this peach tea, to give it a twist, like ginger or mint. You can add these extras right to the Instant Pot and the flavor will infuse into the tea.
Great flavor additions to black or green iced tea are:
- Passion Fruit
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Instant Pot Peach Iced Tea
Note: Made in a 6-qt Instant Pot
- 8 cups water divided
- 4 black tea bags paper tags removed
- 4 fresh peaches pitted peeled, and cut into chunks
- Honey to taste (optional)
- Optional garnishes:
- 1 fresh peach cut into thin slices
- 6-8 fresh mint sprigs
- Add half the water, tea bags, and peaches to Instant Pot.
- Close and lock the lid. Switch the vent to sealing and set the timer to 5 minutes.
- When finished, allow pressure to release naturally for 10-15 minutes, then do a quick release.
- Open the lid and remove the tea bags. Carefully strain the tea through a fine mesh strainer into a heat-resistant pitcher.
- Add the remaining cold water. Sweeten with honey, to taste. Cool completely before serving over ice with peach slices and sprigs of fresh mint, if desired.
Pin it and share it!
Laura spends a lot of her time cooking and creating recipes to share. She loves traveling and learning about new foods around the world to bring into her own recipes at home.