Instant Pot Pork Chops are done in just 30 minutes and make an easy weeknight meal that can be paired with any side dish. This easy meal will quickly become one of your go-to dinners.
» Check out our Instant Pot Cooking Times Cheat Sheet so you never have to look up times again for your favorite foods you make in the pressure cooker. Print or bookmark it so you always have it handy!
You might not have considered making pork chops in the Instant Pot before, but it’s actually one of the easiest and best ways to cook them. Instead of frying them on the stovetop and making a mess with the splattered grease, put them in the Instant Pot for a no-mess meal.
There are two ways you can make pork chops in the Instant Pot. You can use the saute mode to give them a bit of a sear before pressure cooking them, or if you’re in a hurry, you can skip the saute step and just pressure cook. You can even cook them from frozen.
Either way, they turn out tender and ready to eat in just 30 minutes. I prefer to sear them first because it adds to the flavor and looks more appealing, but if you’re going to be serving them with a sauce, it won’t make as much of a difference.
- 4 boneless pork chops (approximately 6 oz each, 1 – 1 1/2″ thick). You can use bone-in chops as well. If your chops are thicker, they may take a minute longer to cook. Look here if you need a pork roast recipe.
- Garlic salt, Italian seasoning, salt & ground black pepper
- Cooking oil
This method of cooking is very simple. You don’t even need to defrost frozen pork chops to cook them in the Instant Pot. If you cook them from frozen, you just need to add 2 minutes to the cook time.
How to Cook Pork Chops in the Instant Pot
For the best results, buy boneless pork chops that are at least 1 inch thick with a little bit of marbling, but not a large fat layer around the edges. A small amount of fat will get rendered well in the Instant Pot, but a thick layer really need to be seared to turn out well.
Season the pork chops with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
Heat the Instant Pot on saute mode until hot. Add 1 tbsp cooking oil. Place the pork chops into the pot and sear them for 2-3 minutes per side. Turn off saute mode and remove the chops from the inner pot.
Pour in a cup of water. Scrape up any brown bits from the bottom. If you skip this step, you might find your Instant Pot screaming at you with the Burn message.
Place the pork chops into the inner pot. You can stack them on top of each other, if there are too many for one layer.
Lock the lid and set the vent to sealing. Press the pressure cook button and set the timer to 8 minutes. When the time is up, allow a natural pressure release for 5 minutes, then release the remaining pressure.
How to Cook Frozen Pork Chops
You can cook the pork chops in the Instant Pot from frozen. You just won’t be able to get a sear on them first. Just cook the pork chops as you normally would, but add 2 minutes of extra time to the cooking. That’s really all it takes. Nothing else special you need to do.
If you’re cooking extra thick pork chops – like 2″ bone-in chops, you might need to add 3 minutes to cook thoroughly, but I find that 10 minutes is perfect almost every time.
How to Serve Instant Pot Pork Chops
These pork chops turn out very tender and ready to eat. You can set them directly on the plate and eat them as is. They’re lightly seasoned, so they go with everything.
If you happen to have any left overs, you can freeze them to be reheated later. Cooked pork chops will freeze well for at least a month and can be taken out and reheated in the Instant Pot for 5 minutes, or reheated in the microwave.
What to Serve With Instant Pot Pork Chops
Why Use An Instant Pot?
The Instant Pot is one of the most useful kitchen appliances you can buy, because it drastically cuts down on the cooking time for developing flavors in soups and stews, getting tough cuts of meat tender, and even baking a cheesecake. And there are many accessories that will help you get more out of your Instant Pot.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Instant Pot Boneless Pork Chops
Note: Made in a 6-qt Instant Pot
- 4 boneless pork chops (approximately 6 oz each)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt & ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Cooking oil
- 1 cup water
- Sprinkle pork chops on both sides with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Heat the Instant Pot on saute mode until hot. Add 1 tbsp cooking oil. Place the pork chops into the pot and sear them for 2-3 minutes per side. Turn off saute mode and remove the chops from the inner pot.
- Pour in 1 cup water. Whisk up any browned bits on the bottom of the pot, then return the pork chops to the pot.
- Lock the lid and set the vent to sealing. Press the pressure cook button and set the timer to 8 minutes.
- When the time is up, allow a natural pressure release for 5 minutes, then release the remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and transfer the chops to a serving plate.
Like this post? Share it on Pinterest!
Laura spends a lot of her time cooking and creating recipes to share. She loves traveling and learning about new foods around the world to bring into her own recipes at home.